View Single Post
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 12th, 2010, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlarman View Post
TO Nigel-

I meant to ask this earlier on ....Am I correct in assuming the reasons your GM wouldnt allow DM in either of his games is all the "freebies"?

I guess I can understand how some could find that upsetting in a group situation.

I'm just curious as to his reasoning for dis allowing the character out of hand.:
LOL Oh, no. The reason he'd disallow Dragon Master is because you have too much darn variety in what you can do (Wayfarer already drives him crazy in that department) and you have done this by having things "at such a low rank" (again, that's how Wayfarer could afford his variety).

Our GM is used to all the other players pushing their two or three "attack" Powers to the PL limit and thus he sees them as easy to manage...and plan for.

Characters like Dragon Master and Wayfarer, who are designed to be flexible & deal with just about any situation, make it hard for him to "design a challenging scenario." lol

I can't speak for you but I tend to find any scenario challenging partly from trying to handle things as the character would even if I, as a player, can clearly see that what he's about to do isn't the most efficient way OR might even make things worse for the team and partly because having a large variety of responses to choose from, it can be hard to decide which to use.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; September 12th, 2010 at 04:24 AM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #33 Reply With Quote