View Single Post
lpye

Old October 10th, 2012, 06:06 AM
In the Weapon Finesse feat, in the eval script associated with it, what is "Hero.Finesse"?

The Weapon Finesse feat allows you to replace your STR bonus for hit with your DEX bonus. I'm interested in creating a feat that does the same for the damage bonus.

When I pulled in the "Dervish Dance" feat as a base for modification, I saw that it iterates over the player's scimitars and adjusts the bonuses there.

When I pulled in the "Weapon Finesse" feat as a base for modification, I saw that it basically executes "hero.assign[Hero.Finesse]".

I suspect that I could (and perhaps should or even will need to) use Dervish Dance as a base and just not restrict the weapon type (and also not add the piercing modifier). I haven't done this yet but will give it a shot.

What I'm curious about, as the first line in this post indicates, is what exactly that line in the Weapon Finesse eval script is doing. It seems like the "Finesse" attribute is defined for a character and/or can be applied, and has meaning. I'm trying to find out how it is used as my gut tells me that would be a cleaner approach than that taken with the Dervish Dance scripts. But I don't know that there is a similar flag/state/whatever for what I'm trying to do.

Can anyone point me to a good source of info?
lpye is offline   #1 Reply With Quote