View Single Post
Winterfyre

Old September 6th, 2017, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
Since HLC is currently paying all the bills, I suspect HLC will be supported for quite a while. If HLO starts making more money that HLC, then you might want to start getting worried about HLC, but that would probably need to be like 3:1 ratio or better before you should be concerned. {Speculation of course }
HLC supports the company via the data packages I suspect. Once they convert a system to HLO you they will still make the money of the data packages, but it sounds like they will now need to develop two version for each release, but intend to only charge us once. In essence there development cost will increase, so either our cost to buy needs to go up or they need to sell a lot more copies or discontinue one of the 2 lines, which would obviously be HLC.

This tells me the entire point of HLO is likely to force every member of the gaming group to buy HLO, all of the data packs the group is using and pay a monthly subscription fee in order to drive the number of data packs sold.

Does anyone really think it would be a good idea to tell a new player at the table, thanks for coming, but you need to dump $200 on a program & data packs and pay a monthly subscription fee in order to play with our group?

I've yet to see anything addressing multiple players in the party and how much each person has to pay via program / subscription / data packs to play via HLO.
Winterfyre is offline   #35 Reply With Quote