Thread: Completely lost
View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old March 30th, 2018, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonguru View Post
If you've got a few spare coin, the 3.5 PDFs go on sale regularly over on drivethru/dmsguild. It's worth buying the old material as pdf and learn how to copy/"paste as unformatted text as a single paragraph" rather than type till your fingers bleed.
Like Dungeonguru (and many others have also mentioned) I have utilized PDFs in this fashion as well... and Using DrivethruRPG or RPGnow (depending on how you log in) some of the PDFS are OCR'd while others are simply "snapshots" assembled in a pdf, but the text is only a picture to most simple PDF viewers...
One thing to consider, while not a perfect solution, I have found the Adobe Convert Feature helpful for this... while Adobe hits you for $2 a month, it's worth avoiding the "finger bleed" and "hair pulling" aggravation.... as it does a good (not great) job conversion of PDF to a word doc or excel file.
As to why I would say not "great", sometimes it tries to convert text off of what should be true pictures within the document (ie cover, or street names on a map, etc).
just my 2cp
DLG
https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acro...2B4VT&mv=other

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote