View Single Post
Fenris447

Old May 13th, 2020, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonguru View Post
Hollow One is described as a Supernatural Gift, so it could be coded as a feat, adjustment or boon.

The DMG actually goes over Supernatural gifts (Blessings specifically) in Ch. 7, and I'm pretty sure the community added those as boons.

That's a lot easier than coding a bunch of race variants or subraces.
It was in the last release of the Community Pack as a Boon. It was pretty easy to program, since we'd already established Supernatural Gifts as Boons, like you said. And it doesn't actually overwrite anything about the character. So it was a simple thing to tack onto the hero.

Code:
  <thing id="bn5CHollow1" name="Hollow One" description="Becoming a Hollow One confers these traits upon you:\n\n{b}{i}Ageless.{/i}{/b} You no longer age, and any no effects can cause you to do so.\n\n{b}{i}Cling to Life{/i}{/b} When you roll a 16 or better on a death saving throw, you regain 1 hit point.\n\n{b}{i}Revenance.{/i}{/b} You retain your creature type, but you also appear to be undead to spells and other effects that detect the presence of undead creatures.\n\n{b}{i}Unsettling Presence.{/i}{/b} You can use an action to unsettle a creature visible to and within 15 feet of you. The next saving throw it makes within the next minute is made with disadvantage. Constructs, undead, and creatures immune to being frightened cannot be unsettled by you in this way. Once you&apos;ve used this feature, you must complete a long rest before doing so again." compset="Boon" uniqueness="useronce">
    <usesource source="5eEGtWCP"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="NoAdvLeag"/>
    <bootstrap thing="ra5CHlwRvnc"></bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="ra5CHlwUnsPr"></bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="ra5CHlwClngLf"></bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="ra5CHlwAgel"></bootstrap>
    </thing>
  <thing id="ra5CHlwAgel" name="Ageless" description="You no longer age, and any no effects can cause you to do so." compset="RaceSpec">
    <tag group="Helper" tag="ShowSpec"/>
    <tag group="FeatureTyp" tag="Special"/>
    </thing>
  <thing id="ra5CHlwClngLf" name="Cling to Life" description="When you roll a 16 or better on a death saving throw, you regain 1 hit point." compset="RaceSpec">
    </thing>
  <thing id="ra5CHlwRvnc" name="Revenance" description="You retain your creature type, but you also appear to be undead to spells and other effects that detect the presence of undead creatures." compset="RaceSpec">
    </thing>
  <thing id="ra5CHlwUnsPr" name="Unsettling Presence" description="You can use an action to unsettle a creature visible to and within 15 feet of you. The next saving throw it makes within the next minute is made with disadvantage. Constructs, undead, and creatures immune to being frightened cannot be unsettled by you in this way. Once you&apos;ve used this feature, you must complete a long rest before doing so again." compset="RaceSpec">
    <fieldval field="abRange" value="15"/>
    <fieldval field="abDuration" value="1"/>
    <fieldval field="trkMax" value="1"/>
    <tag group="abRange" tag="Feet"/>
    <tag group="FeatureTyp" tag="Action"/>
    <tag group="abDuration" tag="Minute"/>
    <tag group="abAction" tag="Action"/>
    <tag group="Usage" tag="LongRest"/>
    </thing>
Months-later Edit: I implemented a new Supernatural Gifts tab in release 2.5, and moved the Hollow One over to it. I also moved all the Blessings and Charms over to that Supernatural Gifts tab as well, to properly align them since they're not actually Boons. Just an FYI in case someone finds this in the future and wonders what happened.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!

Last edited by Fenris447; January 13th, 2021 at 07:41 AM.
Fenris447 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote