View Single Post
dungeonguru

Old April 24th, 2019, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
Problem 1: The "weapon" shows up under Martial Ranged Weapon. I'm assuming that this category is something that the program decides based on the Proficiency Required field. Ultimately, I would LOVE to group effects like this on their own. Is it possible to set a category, or do I have to move the proficiency back to Simple to get it out of there?
I don't believe wCategory is dynamic to allow that, but you have a different issue here that's really happening. If you don't set a weapon proficiency (i.e. leave it at -None-) what is happening is that it is simply being put at the end of the list of all weapons, which just happens to be after normal weapons (the last category being Martial Ranged) but before magic weapons, and -None- doesn't have a header. What you *can* do is create a new "header" item for things that don't require a proficiency. On the weapon tab of the editor, do a new (copy) and type in "Martial" and you'll see a "thing" with an ID of wHdrMartM - give your copy a name of "No Proficiency Required", a new ID, and set the proficiency required to -None-, save and test.

Any new items that don't require the Simple/Martial Ranged/Melee will now appear under this new header.

Quote:
Problem 2: Is it just me, or does the weapon selector modal use the Fixed Range Dam as the display value?
Not sure what you're asking, would need a better example of what you're seeing. In the Spell Attack "thing", there are two fields that are set to that text, you can put what you want there.

Quote:
Problem 3: This is a stretch goal for sure, but I'll throw it out there. Instead of having to create a new version of this weapon for every 5 levels, does anyone have a script to force the cantrip scaling damage?
You can try this in a script. Post-levels 10000 on timing:

if number of dice change:

if #totallevelcount[] >= 5 then
field[wDieCount].value += 1
endif

if die type changes (in this example to a d8):
if #totallevelcount[] >= 5 then
field[wDieSize].value = 8
endif

The problems here are that I'm just giving you an example that says if the total character's levels are 5 or above, do something. A problem that I can point out here is that multi-classing will throw off your calculations and trying to figure out which spellcasting class is using this spell will be a P.I.T.A. if you want 100% accurate calculations.
dungeonguru is offline   #3 Reply With Quote