View Single Post
Fallenjack

Old August 30th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Q: Will Hero Lab Classic support Starfinder.
A: Starfinder is a unique system with various aspects that are much better suited to Hero Lab Online. Heck, that’s why we’re focusing on Starfinder first! Consequently, we will not be offering Starfinder in Hero Lab Classic, at least initially, as it wouldn’t be as powerful or enjoyable to use.
This makes me sad, I have been pouring money into HL and had high hopes for Starfinder being something that would be supported. As someone that runs organized play, I use HL a lot and I can tell you from experience that most conventions that I have run at and FLGS have either crap for internet connections or spotty LTE coverage at best.

From my point of view. It's a lose, lose, proposition. Say I pay the $20.00 to migrate my content (which mind you I already paid for) I get to view it only if I choose to stop paying you. So I paid for the core books and now I get to view it, how is that different than just busting out the core book? I use HL to make things and play dynamically at the table, to cut down on math, to get people started in the game quickly by making quick characters. So in your scenario, I can view the licensed content but I can't do anything with it until I pay you more. Just saying there is no value in your deal from my point of view.

I get where you are coming from but I don't agree with it. Always online nonsense is always anti-consumer no matter how you slice it. That said, it's a mote point to shout from the hills this early, so I will wait and see what kind of offline features you give us.

P.S - Also Starfinder is not unique, it is slightly different; yes ship combat has been added and that is new but not much else. We have two AC's now and some other rules have been dropped, new words to describe old behaviors at best.
Fallenjack is offline   #92