View Single Post
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 24th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
First, the early access folk are giving the product glowing reviews. I don't understand the seemingly conflicting assessments between them saying the product is great and you saying it's not ready for release.
Unfortunately, it's not as simple as that makes it sound. There are a lot of smaller, but still important items that needed to be in place prior to a release to the public (whether Pre-Release or V1.0) that didn't need to be in place for the KS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Second, if I recall correctly, you said the major hurdle was the cloud sync. I and others have asked if you could release a version with the cloud sync disabled just so we could start building our worlds. That's the main part a lot of us seem to be waiting for. The ability to start entering and organizing all our data.
We talked a lot about the cloud sync in our last update. Here's the excerpt:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realm Works Release Plan & Pricing
Why is the full server syncing stuff so important?
Server syncing is a cornerstone of Realm Works. In the same way that we envision Realm Works will transform the way people will run their games at the table, we see the cloud as adding an entirely new dimension that virtually every GM will find invaluable. As the members of gaming groups become more closely connected to each other through technology, so will the tabletop role-playing experience. Tools like Google Hangouts and Virtual Tabletops are just the tip of the iceberg. With this evolution in mind, we’re designing Realm Works to let gamers leverage that connectedness in ways that many have never even considered before.
However, as you'll see in the update I just posted, the cloud syncing proceeding well and isn't the only gating factor.

Last edited by liz; December 24th, 2013 at 12:06 PM.
liz is offline   #89 Reply With Quote