View Single Post
TheDaR

Old May 28th, 2005, 10:03 AM
For epic a single base ("stand") with multiple minis is indeed a single unit, for infantry. So that's what gets stats. Vehicles are also first class units. But you generally can't buy single stands, but they function more like members of squads in 40k. So yeah, using the AB squads with their model count also tracks the unit count perfectly, which is why I want to use it.

The trick though, in comparison to 40k, is that almost every "squad" consists of a fixed number of specific (and not necessarily uniform) units, plus some arbitrary number of different units as upgrades. And some units can be both core parts of a formation, or upgrades, and will have different costs depending. Tau, for example, can take a formation of 6 Stealth Suit stands for 275 points. But most formations can also take 3 Stealth Suit stands as an upgrade for 125 points. Note that if you work out the points, it doesn't end up a nice even number per suit, and your min/max is different depending on if it's an option or core formation, so I'd like the option/link to be able to specify how many of them end up appearing on the roster. Likewise, Eldar have an Aspect Warrior formation, where you can choose 4 or 8 stands from among 8 possible Aspect choices in any combination, so I'd like range options which let me set how many of each aspect there are in the formation, adding child units with appropriate counts on the roster.

-DaR
TheDaR is offline   #3 Reply With Quote