View Single Post
Skarn

Old June 5th, 2017, 10:01 PM
v1.8 Bug Report (ShadowChemosh's Adjustments)

(First off, Shadow, thanks for adding the occult class Concentration skills!)

Concentration: Kineticist is showing an incorrect value.

I have a Level 2 Kineticist with +4 CON mod. The Concentration skill is showing Total Bonus +7 = +0 Ranks +6 (untyped). A quick look over the character doesn't suggest to me anything that should be generating the extra +1, either in feats/traits or racial mods.

Another Kineticist I have is Level 1, with a +5 CON. It shows Total Bonus +11 = 0 Ranks +6 (untyped). The only thing I have on it which should modify Concentration is a trait granting a situational bonus which does appear as expected above the normal roll information.

As a minor note, showing the class levels & stat mod as +6 (untyped) is inconsistent with other versions of the Concentraton skill which show the final value as the 'Total Bonus' with no other notes. I did check, however, and the 'Untyped' modifier is correctly changing according to level & stat mods.

---

Further investigating, I created a new Kineticist.

I bumped him immediately to level 3 and put in a 16 CON; at this point, the calculation appeared to be correct. However, I then put in a trait [Quantum Universit Graduate (Nex)], which should add a conditional +2 when casting an arcane spell (just for the situational mod; I realize that Kineticist's aren't arcane), and the Concentration changed to +2 Situational, +8 Total Bonus, +6 Untyped.

I then added Combat Casting. The situational mod appears, but the skill is otherwise unchanged at +8 Total with +6 untyped.

Adding another level went as expected, +9/+7.

Adding Arcane Temper (a flat +1 Trait bonus to Concentration) modifies the Total Bonus, but not the Untyped (+10/+7).

I hope the extra info helps with debugging.
Skarn is offline   #1221 Reply With Quote