View Single Post
Exmortis

Old November 28th, 2015, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
I have never tried running HL as a substitute for a paper character sheet - I might have a go when I start being a player in a CofC game, rather than a GM. I did think iPad would be the way to go (and HL doesn't have CofC character sheets on the iPad yet) but if people find that a PC works well, I could try my laptop.

Thanks for the idea.
Once you use HL at the table, on PC or Tablet you will never ever go back to paper. When you have a Bard who sings, casts a buff, a sorc who buffs, a pally with radius affects all being done in a combat, with enemies who debuff?

Hero Lab is a god send, once you add spell and class abilities to tab, they are a click away from affecting you, and HL takes care of it all. We would have to spend many minutes re calculating our sheets all the time, but no more.

As GM, Hero Lab is even more useful. You can build the encounters run it all through the tac console and when monsters are debuffed, buffed like players you click to their sheet, and add the affect. Truly awesome.

Our current GM in Pathfinder Rise of the Runelords cannot stop raving about the Adventure Path encounter packs. He was our last hold out to move to HL, and now its biggest benefactor. Being able to load up the party in one portfolio, then simple load in the encounter organized like to book, and boom your off and running.

A few years ago GMs had the only computer at the table for word, PDFs etc. Now we all use PCs (lappies or Surface Pros) or tiny MAC lappies, and the GM often has two computers running and one or two screens facing the party.

though we still use minies on the big table, I am the GM who may bring VTT to the group, we will see how D20Pro Ultimate finishes.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #8 Reply With Quote