View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 3rd, 2018, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjashley View Post
Edit: I agree it would be super useful in pathfinder. would make it much easier to track things like Prayer and Haste, though rarely do we get that far in combat, still a nice to have though.
Well I have gone that far in RPGA games before in 3.5 sadly. There was one time when the dice would not roll above a 10 for anyone and we sat there for 3 hours in "organized" play just trying to kill a group of goblins. By the time we started to land blows there wasn't enough time to finish the rest of the four hour module. But we did all go out to the dealers area at GenCon that night to buy new dice sets. None of us were happy that night. We all came close to throwing d20 across the room that night just out of frustration. All our buff spells wore off before any blows landed a hit. It was a crazy night. I also had one non-rpga encounter from a module that went 12 hours. One of the players decided to loot mausoleums in the opening moments of the game session and one had a powerful vampire sorcerer sleeping in it. They struggled to find ways to locate the vampire because it had improved invisibility and haste. That game night was a total debacle. While it may not happen often it is highly possible to run out of buff time in combat if the dice just decide no one's hitting anything.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote