View Single Post
Brolthemighty

Old November 14th, 2019, 06:03 PM
I’ll try going that route, thank you

Okay, long overdue update/edit:

So I've looked at Magic Initiate but for the life of me I can't seem to make it work. I have created the wondrous item with zero scripts, and it shows up fine. Using Magic Initiate as a template I created a new configurable. Only thing I changed was in the first Eval script where it said Magic Initiate I changed to my item's name, and where it used MI's user ID and changed it to my configurable's. I was able to save, and "Test" it, and it compiled fine. Bootstrap it to the item, compiles fine, doesn't actually do anything.

Try bootstrapping the magic initiate feat to the item. Also nothing. Take ALL of the stuff from Magic Initiate, and put it in my item. Changed where MI's script referenced the MI configurable and changed it to mine. Now it pulls up my configurable, BUT since it's all the same script work, there's the same issue with being restricted by class lists.

Trying to add 2 Cantrips and 1 1st level spell known, without restricting it to a single list (Kinda like Arcane Secrets) while using the casting stat of the person with the item.

Last edited by Brolthemighty; January 12th, 2020 at 11:40 PM.
Brolthemighty is offline   #3 Reply With Quote