View Single Post
MNBlockHead

Old June 23rd, 2017, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
Don't buy software too early if it does not contain what you want - unless you are prepared to trust the devs and take a certain "risk". I learned that on Steam "Greenlit" games.
This is also why I generally do not support software in Kickstarter. Especially video games. I did in the past and it almost never ends well. I'm making exceptions recently for map-making software. I'm currently backing three different programs now. But I'm going in eyes wide open. None of them required a big financial commitment and I treat it like a charity, not a purchase. I want to help the developers and perhaps see some cool new options and more competition in the space. I fully expect that I will not use them all.

It always perplexes me to see how outraged some bakers get when a Kickstarter fails, or deadlines slip, or the original scope contracts. Even if you don't understand what KS is and how it works and are mistakenly treating it as a pre-order market (which it most definitely is not), if losing the cost of the pledge (either total loss or partial lost through delays and failures to deliver planned features), then why did you spend the money? KS projects can and will have scope changes and you can and will lose money or not get what you want if you back enough of them.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #20 Reply With Quote