View Single Post
kbs666

Old March 16th, 2017, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion View Post
First off: great news!

A few questions from someone who has ignored all the import/export stuff so foar:

- Is it safe to just import these into my existing realm? Or are there any drawbacks (can't export later, undeletable topics, etc.)?
- Does it matter that I'm still working with a legacy realm? Should I convert my realm first?
- How crucial is game system anyway? What if I import the 5th Edition stuff in Pathfinder realm? Big trouble or just a few snippets in the wrong place?

Anything else to consider?

PS: Will the content market always be like this - download a file from the website and then do an import? In my naivety I thought there would be a kind of "ingame shop", where I could buy and download stuff without leaving RW.
It should be safe to import these into any realm. Isle of Kandril is a fairly big realm and you might want to load it into an empty realm first and see if you want to add it to your realm before doing so. The others are pretty small adventures and shouldn't really be a problem. I think the source topics are still undeletable but I know they are working on that so you'd have at least one of those per import.

As far as I know all the issues with legacy realms have been dealt with but converting legacy realms to some other game system is still recommended.

RW will convert any import to the realm its being imported into game system. However that will not change things actually written in the realm or HL portfolios included in the realm which would be for the game system the import build as.

We don't know how the CM will work but I doubt there will be a shop you can access directly from RW.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote