View Single Post
MNBlockHead

Old February 5th, 2016, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warsprite View Post
Fantasy Grounds has the complete 5e core rules and a character management feature for creating new chars if you're willing to pay for the 5e add-ons at $50 a pop.
If you want a virtual tabletop that doesn't integrate with RealmWorks. That said, I've had a DM demonstrate how he uses both RealmWorks and Fantasy Grounds for in-person games with a flat-panel display laid on the table as the battlemap. It was a neat set up.

I also have one remote player in my monthly 5e game that uses FG for managing his character and it seems to work well for him.

Personally, FG never really scratched my itch. HL will much better match my needs when the community fills in the gaps in the SRD or when LWD secures a full license from WoTC.

I know that many people, myself included, often buy software without doing a trial first and also skip over all the warning and license info. But I don't know how much more obvious LWD's warning could have been. I bought HL with the 5e SRD to support HL and to help LWD show WoTC that their is money to be made on making DnD 5e content available thorugh HL and RW.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #24