View Single Post
stuartwaring

Old September 8th, 2020, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
I do humbly ask that Rob let the community, that is still passionate about this product, help him monetize it. Get the import/export issue fixed, if necessary I'm sure I'm not the only coder that would be willing to take a look gratis. Find a couple of people you trust to look over submissions to verify they aren't copyright violations or otherwise unacceptable. Then put them up for a reasonable, low fee. Villages, inns, small dungeons. the sorts of things that GM's are always in need of and that due to the nature of RW slot in very easily. Take a big cut, the creators know going in what they are doing. Get some buzz going. that is the only way you'll get people to buy the program and build the user base. Without an expanded user base no other plan to monetize the program will ever work
This! I love writing stories etc but map creation etc has always been one step too far for the amount of time I have. I could easily be persuaded to part with $10 for a dungeon, $5 for a village, $15-$20 for a town/city with a couple of districts and maybe the odd warehouse and temple to explore.

Sure they aren't big ticket, but it would be like shopping in KMart: $5 + $5 +$10 +$5 somehow very rapidly adds up to $100 or more!

I remember the reason the buzz around the content market is because by and large this community is cash rich but time poor.

I would love to have maps and towns all mapped out and I just weave my story and characters around them!
stuartwaring is offline   #26 Reply With Quote