View Single Post
SeeleyOne

Old June 5th, 2015, 09:46 AM
I just looked at the Broken Earth book. You are referring to the technical book. I think that you are over-complicating things. I do not think that it should be required to add to the skill as it is a situational bonus. You do not run around with your book out all of the time. I suppose that some books are big enough to be used as a weapon, but then in that case you might want to add it to the hand weapons list instead.

But there is a problem with how the book shows up on the character sheet when you want to print it out. The Gear entries are limited to a very small space. For example, I just tested a book "Book, Technical (+1 Know Medicine)". All that showed up was up to the space before the Know. Not too helpful. However, I placed this in the Short Name "Book (Medicine +1)" and it showed all of it on the character sheet.

There are many examples where situational modifiers are not plugged directly into the character. An example is the Woodsman edge, as it only sometimes gives a bonus to Stealth, Tracking, and Survival. This is not a weakness in the Hero Lab, but the fact that it is not always part of the character's score. It is up to the group (especially the player) to say "hey, I am outdoors, I get a +2 to these skills).

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #4 Reply With Quote