View Single Post
Merion

Old January 18th, 2017, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Yes and no. If you don't own the license for a monster in Bestiary 1 you won't even be able to select the race or add it from the Encounter builder.

If you are adding a 3PP class that gives a Feat from a book you don't own then just the "Feat" part of the class won't work.

The game systems are built in "pieces" or Things as HL calls them. So if a Thing requires a license you don't have it won't be shown to you. But how important that Thing is depends on what it is.
That's totally fine then, as I mainly will use the tactical console to track initiative and whatever additional information there is will be welcome but not crucial.

Quote:
Then your missing out on the literally thousands of things it can do. I am also sorry to say the TC is the one part of HL I never use.
Well, my main tool I work with is Realm Works and it's fantastic! Improved my gamemastering at the table immensly. Just when it came to combat, I always came back to pen and paper to track initiative and damage.
But there are these HereLab Portfolio snippets in RW that kept enticing me. So I thought, maybe this can help me have the basic monster info and initiative and hit points in one place without having to track stuff on paper while consulting several browser tabs with the d20pfsrd.
So this is how I will start using HL and see if it simplifies things at the game table.

Quote:
First impressions matter. My first of you so far is reading you dropping F bombs on the forums. About something as minor as the UI. My first impression is then really low so I am expecting the worst right off the bat.
Sorry if I came of as impolite. I always forget how sensitive americans are about swearing.
I have to disagree about the importance of UI, though. From my experience in the IT business, the usability of the user interface correlates directly with sales. If I weren't dedicated to get HL to work for me, but instead someone who just gave it a shot, I'd deinstalled it after 10 minutes as I couldn't make sense of anything without consulting the forums or youtube. So I was a bit agitated when I posted about that. But I've posted before on the RW forums and hope to have left a more constructive impression there :-)
Merion is offline   #948 Reply With Quote