View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 8th, 2020, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancealittle View Post
@Rob, i understand the path you took for RW, but i still dont like it - its a genuine loss to most of the RW users out there...
Would you be so kind as to clarify something for me - sidelined, here in the UK businesses, means put aside. It does not mean 'retired', for want of a better word. Is RW permanently 'retired / sidelined / benched' ? or is there the smallest chance that in the future it may start being developed sometime, even if part-time ?
regards.
As I said in my post, I'd love to return to Realm Works. However, that is contingent upon coming up with a different business model for it so that it's financially viable.

If that occurs, it's quite likely that Realm Works would take a very different form. The underlying data model is quite robust and solid, so I would imagine that remains largely unchanged. That would mean users with the existing product would hopefully be able to migrate to the new form. What's also likely, though, is that this theoretical "new form" probably won't have all the fine-grain feature control of the current product (absolutely not initially), so that could present a migration problem for users who want continue using "Feature X" from the desktop application that doesn't in this new form.

But that's all complete conjecture based on wishful thinking. At the present time, I have not come up with an alternate, viable financial model for Realm Works, so it's nothing more than a theoretical exercise.
rob is offline   #30 Reply With Quote