Thread: IF I were ROB
View Single Post
Exmortis

Old September 24th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
First of all, please do NOT use this as a thread for stating everyone's separate #1 priorities. We have the Feature Requests forum for that purpose right now and will be taking a second step with that in the near future. Apologies to @DarkLordGalen and others for not being clear with my post in the other thread. My intent there was to suggest there should be a Feature Request thread to capture the votes of users interested in seeing individual player reveal - nothing more.

As for what my priorities actually are, a critical goal for me is the financial independence of the product. Right now, Realm Works development costs are being paid for by our other products. The sooner that Realm Works can pay its own bills, the sooner we can both speed up development on Realm Works AND invest some of those funds into accelerated development on all the cool features we want to add to our OTHER products. So that makes the Content Market a key objective for us, exactly as @Ladyofdragons surmised.

That, however, does NOT mean that we will be focusing exclusively on the Content Market once Player Edition is finally out. There are a long list of features that users want badly, and another long list of features that will make the creation and consumption of published/shared content easier and better for everyone. It's a balancing act where we'll be striving to find the right combination of everything.

At the end of the day, the absolute #1 priority for me is to make the product better for the maximum number of users. And that has to be reconciled against the financials of being able to pay everyone. With every choice, one group of users is going to be thrilled and another is going to be disappointed, because we can't do it all at once. It's the unfortunate reality of having limited resources and operating within our means. All I can say to that is our other products started out from relatively humble initial feature sets and continued to evolve over time into de facto industry standards. That's our plan with Realm Works as well. We have a solid foundation in place for Realm Works that will only get better in the months and years to come.

Thanks!
If HeroLab is any indication of the future of Realm Works, well it is a bright future indeed.
Exmortis is offline   #10 Reply With Quote