View Single Post
jfrazierjr

Old April 24th, 2017, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
Ah, that's what I thought he meant. Yeah, learned that one was bad practice early. The problem is when you end up missing a dependency (which I've done a couple times) when using Preclude replaces.

I saw those in the common code thread. The second is actually useful to me on a second problem, but the problem with the first is that it affects everything in the axes/maces category at least, where this just works on axes. I could go in and retag all the axes, but that gets back to the problems with things looking for the original ID.

It may just be that replacing the axe, battle axe and great axe, and doing some conditional code to modify their parry may be the simplest way.
I just wanted to make sure there was nothing better since that's a little annoying for one edge. But I suspect if it can be done on the edge it'd have to be structured kind of like that first example code, but with some kind of text search for the names or IDs that I'm not sure of the syntax for. I looked through the code thread to see if there was anything that did that kind of search looking for a name or ID and didn't see an example, and I couldn't find anything that would obviously do that in the standard edges (Trademark Weapon kind-of, sort-of does something like it but it lets you pick any weapon).

Could you not filter for WeaponType.MedAxes and then further filter by names containing "Axe", just like the filtering for specific knowledge skills is done)?

Since you know there are only 3(assuming), you have a limited list as long as others don't add any. Of course, the best solution was if there was something like substring or contains functions which would operate on the name itself.

is field[livename].text the "Name" of the item?

EDIT:

http://hlkitwiki.wolflair.com/index....age_Intrinsics shows the various functions available. It kind of sucks there is no contains function, but for the most part with some careful testing, using some careful and judicious use of uppercase or lowercase, along with pos could get you what you need. The ultimate solution would be if the documentation on the wiki were out of data AND there is now a regex function built in, but something tells me that's dreaming to big.

Last edited by jfrazierjr; April 24th, 2017 at 10:26 AM.
jfrazierjr is offline   #7 Reply With Quote