View Single Post
JustinThomason

Old October 1st, 2019, 04:00 PM
Well, this really is a bummer. However, I've really integrated RW into my GMing routine. I find the current iteration very useful, so I intend to continue using it for the foreseeable future. I am disappointed that the content market won't be expanding, but since my group is planning on sticking with PF1, there was honestly not much chance we'd be seeing things I'd want to purchase anyway.

My biggest concern is support completely ending, and the servers getting shut down fully. I like the cloud storage, and the lifetime access was one of the reasons I backed at the Alpha Wolf level during the Kickstarter. However, with the export function I can probably manage to back things up myself (I'm only using RW on a single machine anyway).

BUT, if the servers do eventually get turned off we won't be able to create new realms without some sort of update to sever the requirement to call home. Seems like that won't be a problem for the time being, and I hope that Rob and the LWD team wouldn't leave their customers out to dry if it came to that (at least, they've always struck me as a stand up company that way).

Perhaps I need to make a boatload of blank realms to reserve for future use...
JustinThomason is offline   #63 Reply With Quote