View Single Post
The_Traveller

Old August 29th, 2018, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Not on any team I've ever managed and I've been a project manager for 15 years. When something like this happens off hours and a dev or two is dealing with an outage and a short post or tweet needs to be made just to let the users know that the team is aware of the problem, a fix is underway and possibly an ETA of when service will be restored there is no need to get the social media rep involved. That just adds more delay before the users get information they should have ASAP. As the incident Sunday showed they may never get the information at all. The may only find out service is restored by trying to use the service or by some other user doing so and then posting somewhere that it is back up. Which erodes confidence in the company's customer service.

If you can't count on your devs to post "We're aware the log in server is down. We're working on a fix and hope to have the service back up soon." you need to reconsider your devs.
Well kbs66 in my experience communication between the dev teams and external clients is controlled. Given that every word of a communication here is dissected, analyzed, and interpreted for hidden meaning it makes sense why devs are not posting here in official capacity. It would only lead to "well so-and-so said X".

But hey, YMMW.
The_Traveller is offline   #19 Reply With Quote