View Single Post
PetriWessman

Old February 4th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Well, for what it's worth, I'm also a Kickstarter backer, and of course I'm a bit disappointed by some features taking a long, long time to materialize. On the other hand, I'm also a software developer myself and am all too familiar with how difficult guesstimating timetables for stuff like this is, especially when building a brand-new platform and type of product. Delays suck, but they also happen and sometimes there is no easy way to speed things up (taking resource considerations into account).

On the plus side, I am satisfied with what we have right now, in that it's already a very useful product. I'm currently entering data into RW in prep for my about-to-start FFG Star Wars game, and now, having spent many many evenings typing in stuff and customizing tags and topic templates, I'm starting to have the beginnings of a very nice cross-linked database of ships, planets, races, etc. It's already much more useful in this sort of data organizing than anything I've used previously.

Sure, it has a lot of rough edges, missing functionality, and I'm forced to run it via Parallels on OS X (no native OS X version) so it's a bit slow. Nevertheless, it's already a great tool for my needs, and I expect it to get even better as features get added and I learn how to use it better.
PetriWessman is offline   #89 Reply With Quote