View Single Post
gloranphile

Old February 4th, 2015, 06:24 AM
All I can do here is speak for myself.

I've never used any of Lone Wolf's other tools, mostly because they don't fit in with my particular system of choice (RuneQuest 6e).

When I saw the sample video on Kickstarter, and read through the plans for the future of Realm Works, I saw the potential, and backed it as a beta user. This means I invested quite a bit of my personal money in a product from a company I'd never used before (far more than what people pay for just the GM side of RW today).

But I didn't just do this blindly, throwing my money to the wind. I did my research on Lone Wolf and what others had to say about products like HL. The overwhelming consensus was that they do good work with solid, quality products.

I've seen Realm Works from (almost) the beginning, with the smaller beta releases and later on, the release candidates, it became an ever stronger tool. One I feel proud of backing. Rob and his team have put out a solid, quality GM tool that has completely changed the way I prepare, play, plan, and share information with my players.

Is it lacking some much-wanted items (like Journals, calendars, etc.)? Of course it is, but that's why Rob and the team wanted to get our feedback on what's important to us!

It will come in time. When [insert wanted survey item here] shows up, some people will be happy, but not everyone. That's the nature of the beast. Does everyone love Microsoft Word 2013 over 2004, or Windows 8.1 over 7? Or the changes to Facebook that come out every week? NO.

The benefit of seeing something like Realm Works grow is the small company that makes LWD uniquely approachable. They WILL try to fix errors and problems, and are being extremely open to what WE as users want by asking us. That beats Microsoft or Apple or any major corporation out there.

I for one am happy to be a small part of that, by voting for what I think is important and by posting constructive and helpful requests in this forum. The rest, I leave up to Rob and his team.
gloranphile is offline   #83 Reply With Quote