View Single Post
MNBlockHead

Old August 3rd, 2015, 08:17 AM
Yes. Phrase Express supports rich-text formatting. You can also use it to paste document into other documents. Right now, the way I use it, I have two statblock templates, one with lables and headers for all the things I might ever want in a stat block (for use with important, reoccuring NPCs, and another that is just the basics (for monster encounters in scene topics). Both have the same trigger work (statblock).

I type the word "statblock" into the snippet and a popup prompts me to select which one I want to use. I select the one I want and it pastes a nicely formatted statblock table with cell color fills, bold and italic text, etc. But I still have to go and type in the stats, so:

I'm currently working on a macro where a form prompts me for AC, hit dice, etc. and then it will generate the fully formatted stat table and paste it into the active snippet. Also, it will automatically calculate the modifiers based on the attributes you enter.

It would be pretty easy to add randomly generated stats, but usually for frequently encountered opponents (bandits, certain monster types), I just use a standard stat block. Same with NPCs, I generally go with default stats from the Monster Manual for commoner, bandit, noble, etc., unless they are a particularly important NPC, in which case I wouldn't likely randomize their stats.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #8 Reply With Quote