View Single Post
MNBlockHead

Old August 2nd, 2015, 06:37 PM
COLLAPSE ENTIRE HIERARCHY AND ALL GROUPS AT THE SAME TIME
I don't know why, but I like to start with all groups and subgroups in the navigation pan collapsed. Currently, you have to first go to the World Almanac Options, click on the toolbar icon, and then select collapse entire hierarchy to collapse all the sub-groups. Then you have to click on the tool icon on one of the groups and select "collapse all groups."

I created the following macro to do it all at once using the hotkey [CNTL][-]
("control minus"). I also selected the option to only use this macro in Realm Works, since that hot key is used for other purposes in other applications I use.

Code:
{#F6}{#DOWN -count 9}{#ENTER}{#mouseposition -x 160 -y 192}{#LEFTMOUSEBUTTON}{#DOWN -count 3}{#ENTER}
Note that you could switch it and put
Code:
{#mouseposition -x 160 -y 192}{#LEFTMOUSEBUTTON}{#DOWN -count 3}{#ENTER}
in the front. You can still collapse the entire hierarchy with the groups already collapse, but I like to watch everything quickly collapse in order. Just my preference.

One trick with this macro is that you need to know the X/Y coordinates of your mouse cursor, so PhraseExpress knows where the tool icon on one of the groups is. I recommend the top one (Sources) since it should always be there, both in topic (e.g. "world almanac") and article ("mechanics") view. I always use RW with the window fully expanded to take up my entire screen. The macro won't work with the window sized down.

Also I do often use an additional monitor with my laptop, but rarely use RW in it, otherwise I would need a separate macro for that screen. Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to open the group menu tools just by using the keyboard.

Note that this macro does NOT require the mouse recorder. You just need the X and Y coordinates. How to get them? There is a tiny program you can get here that will show the exact coordinates of you mouse cursor: http://www.adminsehow.com/2012/03/re...-monitor-tool/ You need .NET framework installed in order for it to work.

When I use the code markup, it formats it so you have to scroll horizontally to see it. Below, I'm just pasting the code text without marking it as code:

{#F6}{#DOWN -count 9}{#ENTER}{#mouseposition -x 160 -y 192}{#LEFTMOUSEBUTTON}{#DOWN -count 3}{#ENTER}

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote

Last edited by MNBlockHead; August 2nd, 2015 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Add header and make easier to copy code
MNBlockHead is offline   #6 Reply With Quote