View Single Post
Dami

Old December 22nd, 2020, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
Well both Fang Dragon and Shadow dragon originally came from Monster of Faerun, which was 3.0, but were republished in Draconomicon, which were 3.5. They have no changes between the two books. So not sure where they should be included.
I have both books. The obvious change between editions is DR/+1 to DR/+3 becoming DR/magic. The Shadow Dragon has a CR 1 point lower for each age category in Draconomicon. I can't see any other differences. [EDIT: 3.5 Errata for MoF actually says increase the CR's of both Dragons by +1, and lists different class skills for each than what normal dragons receive. All of this appears to have been dumped/ignored when doing the Draconomicon.]
I'm of the opinion that the 3.5 version be used, making Draconomicon the primary source, but both books can be sourced for those who have one book but not the other.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; December 22nd, 2020 at 09:14 PM.
Dami is offline   #1096 Reply With Quote