View Single Post
Minous

Old September 14th, 2018, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taqvah View Post
Ah, got ya.

Hmm. HLO also doesn't validate level appropriateness of class feats when you create a high level character…

I guess the skills thing stood out to me because its not intuitively obvious (like the class feat level) what skills you can increase to what state in the TEML structure. Obviously I know way less than you, Shadow, about the way the engine works, but I would have thought it possible to put a fix in... you just need to treat the skill increases in 4 different flavours.

TSkills: Initial Character skills + Int based (can be varied, includes mods from level based attribute increases and items)
ESkills: Skill increases from L2-L6
MSkills: Skill increases from L7-L14
LSkills: Skill increases from L15-L20

Each of the higher ones can be used as substitutes for the lower level ones, if the user wishes. So if I have 3 TSkills and 1 ESkill, I can either have 4 trained, or 3 trained and 1 expert.

I dunno. I'm just theorising. It would make for a stronger product though.
Primary issue here are the rules for re-training. You can retrain a feat into something else (even if you where unable to originally choose it). I think fighters might even be able to do that automatically every X levels. Thus trying to validate multiple levels at a time just doesn't work. Best practice is to do what HL is currently doing and process the character as it currently stands.
Minous is offline   #90 Reply With Quote