View Single Post
Fenris447

Old March 13th, 2022, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BilboH20s View Post
I found another issue. After choosing the Race of Human, when I go to add a Variant, none of the Marks show their details. The only info it shows is: Mark of (its name) Appears In: Wayfinder's Guide of Eberron , Eberron - Rising from the Last War. It happens with all of the Variant Marks under Human. The other Races that can choose Marks all have the info listed. Also, none of the Marks will automatically add the Spells of the Mark to the character's Spell List, regardless of Race chosen. I tried with just selecting Wayfinder's Guide of Eberron and again with only selecting Eberron - Rising from the Last War. Both do the same thing.
There's a few things going on here.

Regarding the subraces vs variants showing all the benefits; herolab automatically takes all the features that a subrace gets and lists them when you look at that subrace in the selection menu. For some reason, it doesn't do the same thing with variants. The variants still get all their benefits, they're just not listed. Neither the subraces nor the variants have any text entered by me (or any other programmer) that manually lists this stuff.

Could we? Yes. But here's why I don't spend time doing that. Ultimately, the Community Pack should be a tool to assist you in using content you already own or otherwise have legitmate access to. If it was supposed to be an alternative to buying that content, then it would be a competitor and basically be liable for action by WotC. So I tend to err on the side of "you should already know what this subrace has because you can look at your or your DM's book".

As for the spells, I can't reproduce your error. I re-tested a bunch of the Marks and found they are correctly adding to the spell lists. It may be a matter of you interpreting the Marks differently. When something gets added to your spell list, that doesn't automatically mean you now know/have memorized/have prepared the spell. It just means that spell is now added to the pool of spells you can choose from when learning/preparing spells. IE a cleric picking his spells for the day can pick from both the regular cleric spell list AND whatever spells his or her Mark provided. In that regard, the Marks are functioning as intended.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #980 Reply With Quote