View Single Post
Fenris447

Old January 14th, 2022, 08:16 PM
Here's how I think I'm going to handle the revised races in Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse. Next release, there will be a new category on the Configure Hero screen called "5e Revised Sourcebooks". I'm doing this so that when the PHB revision releases in 2024 (basically a 5.5e for D&D's 50th anniversary), we'll have a place to put that as its own sourcebook.

Under that new category will be the MPMotM book. If you select it, it will remove the old versions of these races as options, and provide the new ones in their place. So the old versions aren't going anywhere. If you want to keep your old, slow-walking, fast-flying Aarakocra, just don't select the new MPMotM source on the Configure Hero screen. It'll be as simple as that.

I'm expecting some exceptions to crop up once I can dig into the book, but I'll try to err on the side of preserving old versions. I just hate the idea of us having a massive race list where there are multiple versions of each race, all displayed together e.g. "Aarakocra, Aarakocra (MotM), Aasimar, Aasimar (DMG), Aasimar (MotM), etc."

If anyone has strong feelings against this approach, feel free to express your reasons.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #949 Reply With Quote