View Single Post
Toblakai

Old October 24th, 2018, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Yeah, no thanks. When I invite the group over for a character creation session, I have one player who can take several hours tweaking his character. I have other players who need assistance either with working the program or with various points regarding the rules.

I have at least 3 computers ready to go so I can sit the meticulous player at his own node, sit one of the help-needed players at their own node, and leave one station for players who know what they're doing, and let them speed through it.

If needs be, I have an old clunker I can pull out as a 4th station. Having that capacity saves us a bunch of time on group character creation. We can get done in hours what would otherwise take a week or more (I'd otherwise have to schedule each person on a different day, and work around their work/school schedules).

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat, and limiting HLO to a single login will almost guarantee that you'll have people refusing to buy into it, for a very legitimate reason.
My point on this is that HL is a great product and LW deserves to get paid per user not per 5 users. I have seen plenty of forum and reddit posts that talk about a gaming group pooling money to buy 1 copy and 5 licenses and then share it. That is pirating and only allowing one login would eliminate that.
Toblakai is offline   #10 Reply With Quote