View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 2nd, 2015, 11:08 AM
I wanted a new thread to storing information about standards for any of the Pathfinder community packs. For full info see THIS link for details. This is a work in progress thread.

Something important that will be happening going forward is the use of Github repository for ALL packs. (For GitHub setup using SourceTree Please read THIS pdf.) This provides such a better interface for changes with multiple editors that it is just becoming mandatory. This is real source control for our XML files.

At the same time if a person wants to submit a single small file or change I will be happy to do it. But all major editors or new ones that plan to work with the packs allot need to learn github. I recommend also using SourceTree if you are on windows 7 or Mac. There's also Smartgit which works on pre windows 7 machines.
Update: GitHub Desktop software is VERY nice and free. Seems to be easier to work with and works perfectly with GitHub.

I will also keep links to the different GitHub repositories so that the people can find them easily. Also for anyone crazy enough to want to try out "beta" versions of the software they could download the files. Just don't expect any support for them if they don't work.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; February 5th, 2017 at 10:08 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote