View Single Post
pyremius

Old August 10th, 2015, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmaxneo View Post
That's what I figured and is not the same as when I said "integrated". Though I was hoping that he meant there was a way to integrate jingle palette into RW.

I am talking about a program that is essentially part of RW. Where there is a sound board built into RW, where during the game there are little media controls on the tool bar in RW that allows me to stop, pause, or start the next sound. It would be nice to have certain features integrated into RW than having links or other programs open at the same time. Jingle palette is not something that the developer is continuing to develop. He had used it in his pod cast and figured others would like to use it in theirs so he put it out there for free. Jingle palette is a program you download and use on what ever computer you want to, it is not a web page or something of the like.

Please note that I am not complaining or pushing for this to happen, I just think it would be better to have integrated functions like a sound board built in than having links or many other programs open. I believe more people would be intrigued into purchasing RW because of things like this, and I most definitely want more people to get into RW!

But if this idea were to happen to make it on their "things to do list" it should still fall behind that other really super important thing to add that is somewhere on that list......
This feeds back into the comments about features, development time, etc., as well as the health of the environment. The more Wolf Lair integrates themselves, the more work they have to complete, the more skills they need to learn/hire, and the fewer opportunities there are for new entrants into the "gaming support" market.

Re. Syrinscape: I agree with those who are less then enthusiastic about the voices and voice-based effects - they just don't sound like what I think they should (and I know that whatever I think is correct will sound equally wrong to my players). The music, weather, and similar effects, on the other hand, I really like, and would like to find a way to incorporate into some of my games.

Re. Syrinscape integration into Realm Works: I completely forgot to take the time to look at the preview version to see how it's been handled. Long-term, though, I would like to see part of the screen reserved for multiple plug-in modules (force them to use a tiny fraction of the available space). For Syrinscape, this would probably include the Topic title, a master volume slider, and 3-4 buttons for the alternate tracks. All customization should be handled during prep, and would be saved within the Topic. Click the Syrinscape button saved within the Topic, and all of your pre-configured options are loaded, with titles mapped to buttons within the Topic instead of the plugin
pyremius is offline   #57 Reply With Quote