View Single Post
Viking2054

Old June 27th, 2016, 06:25 PM
@AEIOU: If I remember correctly, Rob said way back when, that the underlying functionality was there to support a wide variety of calendars... it was the GUI that they felt was lacking and were not happy with. I believe they also mentioned needing someone that was good with designing the GUI.

Also, aren't there already web applications that will convert between any two, three or more real world calendar systems like you already mention? If so, then the math for that is at the least already established. The main argument I can see is the minimum time scale we can all agree on for a calendar system. If you want to be arbitrary about that, then make that scale either the minute, hour, or day. If you don't want to be arbitrary then use something like the vibrations of a cesium atom, or whatever atom is used for the current atomic clocks. Once the standard is set and clearly stated then for Real World calendars, the conversion should be straight forward. For fictional calendar systems, the linking would require the GM to establish an initial link date and then the framework for the different calendar systems.

I agree it's probably not simple. But my recollection is that this wasn't the problem but it was specifically the GUI... those check boxes, spinning dials, radio buttons and what have you.
Viking2054 is offline   #24 Reply With Quote