View Single Post
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 16th, 2016, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
I have a question.

What will happen if you have some of the same structure in the realm you import it too?

Example:

I have my own topics, they all are named "My XYZ".
If I exported them from one realm and imported them to another, and it had one of the topics already, what would be the outcome?

My plan based on this update is to have a standard structure I import to all my realms at creation, but in my existing realms they may have some or all of my topics already. I may base it on your Pathfinder structure, so I would be happy if I had the option to ignore the same ones or even replace them, so I do not have to change my naming convention if I do not have too.
(i.e. I have "My Community" and I export it, and attempt to import it to a realm with that topic already).
When Rob refers to structure, he specifically means Categories, Section Definitions, Snippet Types, Tag Domains, and Tags. That's our definition of "structure", and that's all that will be included in a structure export.

Topics are not structure, they are content (under our definition). In order to export them, you either need to do a full realm export, or a custom export, NOT a structure export.

It sounds like you have a set of "starter topics" that you'd like to import into realms, if I'm understanding you correctly. That should work fine for new realms. For your existing realms, I'm afraid you'll have to deal with removing duplicates.
Joe is offline   #16 Reply With Quote