View Single Post
Ashran

Old February 7th, 2017, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
I am holding my breathe for a WOTC license. LW would be stupid to not go after it. I've wondered why we don't have one already with Hero Lab. Perhaps they are just waiting for the CM to launch so they can get a license that covers their entire product line? I've got my fingers and toes crossed and occasionally i go as low as to tweet the d&d developers begging...
It's not the stupidity of LW I am afraid of, but more the lack of real digital support historicaly linked to 5e (except FG, but at a prohibitive cost, imho)

Plus they have recently unveiled a new digital division for wotc project. We don't really know what they'll do (games, virtual tabletops, etc) but it could be a software similar in intent from RW and so, supporting it would be against their own interest... Politcs, non disclosure and so on.

You also have to account that, at the time of creation of the kickstarter, paizo and pathfinder was the leader of the industry (they might still be, in term of sales, I dunno, but I have seen from reports of roll20 and similar softwares that 5e has been number one since launch...) It's normal to have priority one when lighted on that perspective, but it might be a short sighted vision in the long term. We'll see how LW will negotiate that particular change in the table top rpgs landscape.
Ashran is offline   #20 Reply With Quote