Thread: Assigning Tags
View Single Post
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old October 15th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Found another problem, at least for myself, with adding domains. Many of the powers in the domains rely on accessing cHelpClr fields, which causes an error in any hero that does not have this. The protective ward power from the Protection Domain comes to mind. Yet another pain.

I did make progress on figuring out what is going on with the secondary spell selections. For a lark, I made a dummy prestige class for testing secondary spells, and lo and behold, if you do not designate what should be selectable (spell wise, such as from a domain), you get the whole shebang. This means the whole problem with secondary spell selection with monsters is broken in d20 files, likely not even implemented, and thus nothing is returned (which gives you the entire list of spells).

That said, I will be attempting another approach to this, one that creates a whole new set of custom domains just for monsters and secondary spells. Will it work? I have no idea, since it seems secondary spells are unable to return any of the tag expressions in d20. But I feel like I can make a selectable list of spells in Specials that just might be able to do the trick. Don't know when I'll get around to working on that, since I got alot on my plate, but I'll keep you all informed if it works or not.
Kendall-DM is offline   #8 Reply With Quote