View Single Post
coyote6

Old December 1st, 2009, 06:33 PM
That worked great. Thanks, Mathias.

I did come up with another question -- as I understand it, Heavy Armor Optimization should still work with mithral (and similar "reduce the armor weight category" materials) full plate or other heavy armors. The MIC says they count as the lighter categories for "movement, proficiency, and other limitations"; it seems counter to the intent to make it hurt a character.

Anyways, I think that's the way we're playing it. So, is there a way to make it work for formerly-heavy-but-now medium armors?

I see that mithral appends the word mithral to the item's name; is there a function that can string match? Of course, then you'd have to string-match for every lightening material, which I can see easily being obnoxious. (I.e., every time something is added from a splat book, or someone comes up with a freaky combo -- ironwood spell + permanency + darkwood.)

I saw that mithral reduces armor weight category at First 11000, so I tried changing the timing of the eval script to First (users) 10500, but that caused it to not do anything. Too bad -- if I could have had the feat do its thing before the materials de-heavied the armor, it would have been simple.

So, is there a function that can check for mithral-ization of medium armors? Any other ideas?

I could use the adjust tab to fix the AC bonus as a workaround, but I don't see any options in Adjust that'll let me tweak the ACP.

Last edited by coyote6; December 1st, 2009 at 06:36 PM.
coyote6 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote