wdmartin

Old October 31st, 2017, 12:09 AM
[X] Give Unarmed Combatant to Monks, Unchained Monks, and Brawlers
[X] Make Weapon Focus require BAB at +1
[ ] Investigate the possibility of turning on and off individual feats
[X] Make Weapon Focus work for animal companions
[ ] Figure out Mythic Improved Critical issues, which are super weird
[ ] Grant Weapon Focus (Flails) to Kapenia Dancer magus archetype

Some progress. I got Unarmed Combatant onto monks, unchained monks, and brawlers with no particular difficulty.

Weapon Focus now complains if you take it without having a BAB of +1 or higher.

I started looking into the Mythic Improved Critical issue, and staggered out feeling rather dizzy a couple hours later. That sucker is complicated.

To clear my head, I thought I'd go work on granting Weapon Focus (Flails) as a bonus feat to Kapenia Dancers, who ordinarily get Weapon Focus (Bladed Scarf). The logical approach was to use a Mechanic that checked for the appropriate archetype and bootstrapped the feat on if so, then gave it skippreq.

The original Weapon Focus uses the tag Target.? to auto-assign a value to a bootstrapped feat. For example, tagging the feat with Target.wBite gives you Weapon Focus (Bite). My own Weapon Focus doesn't share much code with the original, so I set out to replicate that feature. And it works! Mostly.

I created a new tag GTarget, and tagged the bootstrapped feat with GTarget.Flails. Okay so far. After banging my head at it for a while, I even got it to correctly pick up the targeted weapon group from GTarget.?. It correctly applies the +1 bonus and tags the hero as having Weapon Focus with all weapons in the Flail group. Mechanically, everything is working fine.

Buuut ... the UI doesn't work so well. My sample Kapenia Dancer winds up with Weapon Focus (-No Selection-) and a validation error saying to choose an option for Weapon Focus, even though she's getting the bonus applied correctly. I've gone over and over the code for the original Weapon Focus, and I'm stumped.

How do I inform the drop-down selector that it should be set to Flails? And, preferably, not allowed to change?
wdmartin is offline   #15 Reply With Quote