View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 11th, 2017, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynder View Post
hero.child[profBonus]. i assume is selecting my prof bonus.. but whats the difference between that, and just using profBonus as the editor uses?
hero.child[ProfBonus] is the 'Pick' that is live on the hero. It can hold tags and fields that hold values. My guess is that LW was not sure if in the future it would need to hold other "Proficiency Bonuses" or values. So they made it a pick itself allowing future growth.

.field[tProfBonus].value is a single field on the Proficiency Bonus Pick. More than you care about I am sure about the editor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynder View Post
never could accept "its working, don't ask why" as an answer XD always needed to know why something worked, or didn't work.
If you post the .user file as an attachment to this thread I can give you a 100% correct answer. I tested this script in 5e before posting and it worked fine no extra 10. My "guess" is that you put 10 in the field on your Racial Ability.

In the editor see if you press the blue button called "Fields" see if if "abDC" is listed with a value of 10?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #13 Reply With Quote