View Single Post
AEIOU

Old March 16th, 2016, 10:07 AM
They cannot be printed from RW, so there is no impact on using slightly lower resolution images.

As a user, I would look publishers in the eye and say that my use at the table requires quick access and reasonable load times.

I would think publishers would expect PDF-sized images for modules which are well under the threshold. As for campaign material and high-res world maps, I would think they'd prefer that all their users can access reasonably (because pins will add complexity and probably affect load times) rather than a small number being able to view maps with highest resolutions.

I keep a high res version of all maps outside of RW so that I can print and manipulate. It's a pain to have to maintain multiple files rather than use RW as my repository. But the inability to print or export makes that non-viable at this time.

You could probably also attach the full res version as a file rather than a graphic image. With this method, when you opened the file it would launch an outside graphics viewer/editor and you would bypass the RW display limits. Not ideal, but it may meet your needs.
AEIOU is offline   #5 Reply With Quote