View Single Post
Cynder

Old January 11th, 2017, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Sorry I try and teach people to "fish" I don't provide the FISH. It is usually pointless because then they come back every 10 minutes looking for another Fish.

In addition your question does not have enough information to provide you with an answer. Even more confusing you asked this in Pathfinder and 5e which are different games systems.

So first which game system are you building in? What "Thing" (Custom Ability, Ability, Racial Ability, Class, Archetype) will this eval script going to run on? Most racial abilities have DC logic built directly into the editor and don't even need a script. Its a few button presses.

Find another Thing to look at in the editor and "COPY" its logic. That is best way to learn to do things in the editor. Finding another Thing that does similar logic and copy it.

i can understand that and that's cool and all but this is the only "fish" i need. i have figured everything else out already and my time is short (need this weekend), i don't ask questions at all normally so this is a desperation measure for me, not laziness.

i asked this in the 5E side originally but saw the pathfinder side was more populated, so i asked it here as well since i figured i am asking for a "count and display" value, witch would work on any system the same really.
(in my mind, forgive me if that's not so)

more details needed:

system: 5E side.
what is this running: custom race ability on a custom race WITH custom arcatypes.
what race then?: kitsune race,
whats this for?: the effect is a saving throw, DC 10 + prof bonus + charisma = saveing value. i already worked out how to link the prof and charisma, don't know how to make it add ten, and give me a number, and then display it like it would a normal DC value. (see Dropbox link for what i mean)

why not use normal DC?: simple, i found that button in a heartbeat, but normal for 5E is 8 +prof+char... not 10+prof+char and that +2 in 5E makes a MASSIVE difference.

why not copy paste?: tryed that, cant find a script that does this. because as you said normally its one button click in the editor, DC + PROF + CHAR.. i need to add 2 to that somehow... and the editor itself wont let me add 2 to that automatic button thing.
Cynder is offline   #5 Reply With Quote