View Single Post
Jamz

Old August 4th, 2020, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyteach View Post
@Jamz, I'm thinking of not bothering with roll20 character sheets. Just roll the dice roller. I can send the GM a copy of the PDF if they want, but when was the last time a GM checked sheets at a table game? HLO FTW.
Ya, there's a lot of truth in that. Granted, it is typically easier to make your rolls with a click and do it somewhere where the GM has access and can view those rolls.

And although the roll20 sheet was a PITA it had it's advantages during play to have a full chat log of what was rolled.

For example, we had active players watching and looking at your rolls and advising, "Hey, it looks like you forgot your +1 on init for scouting" and such. But really, that was about the extent of the "verification". The same would have been accomplished if I clicked a dice roller in HLO and the result went to discord or roll20 chat with the same info like "Treavolli rolls a d20+7 for 18+7=25 for Perception"

Although I accept the fact that Roll20 may not have or build a webhook mechanism, Discord already has it and I could see adding that ability in for MapTool so HLO could just "push" results. But all in all, just an idea on what I'm finding top priority/useful for PF2E at the moment.

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #45 Reply With Quote