View Single Post
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old August 26th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceWolf View Post
Just a suggestion. I'm not a big database guru by any shot, but I know how to handle big projects. Would it be more productive to just drop 6th edition and start 7th edition with the books already out and just add to it as they get published? Don't bother with backwards compatibility because you're just going to waste hundreds of hours of work that's all going to have to be redone when the new codex comes out anyway.
Unfortunately, this is not a valid stance to take either. Examples include several armies that are still in old 4th and 5th edition codex that still have no update, yet aare still valid change.

No work is currently being implemented on 6ed CORE RULES, unless those rules in fact play in part to needs for 7ed. All because a 6ed codex is done, prior to a newer 7ed codex, does not mean it is not being updated compliant for 7th ruleset.

I encourage all players interested in help to visit the maintainer site(link was provided in Liz's post above) and in several other threads on this site.

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #39 Reply With Quote