View Single Post
Toblakai

Old April 13th, 2018, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khagler View Post
I'm a brand new Hero Lab user for Pathfinder. If Starfinder were supported, I'd have paid for that too. What I won't ever pay for or use is an online service. I want to use what I've paid for any time and any place I want, without being subject to external forces. With an online service, you're subject to:

1. internet connectivity between you and the servers. Not just existence of a wi-fi connection or Ethernet jack in whatever place you're playing, but also things like a cable modem experiencing one of the many unexpected outages cable companies are prone to in the middle of a game session.
2. The availability of the servers. There are posts here about planned outages for maintenance, and it's only a matter of time before there's a significant unplanned outage due to a bug. Lone Wolf is a small company in a small niche market--they obviously can't manage the uptime of Amazon or Google, and it would be unfair to expect them to.
3. The whim of the company. They can simply delete anyone's account whenever they feel like it. Sure, it would be crazy for them to do so, and I have no reason to think they would now, but who knows what will happen in the future?
Welcome to the 20th century!

Point 3 is also true of HLC, they can shut down the license server anytime..
Toblakai is offline   #57 Reply With Quote