View Single Post
kbs666

Old July 24th, 2017, 05:15 PM
650 pages of campaign setting? That's a big job.

First, I'd make sure to be as familiar with the material as is possible.

Any way you go is going to be in some way wrong for RW so I wouldn't worry to much about getting it perfectly "right" at first. Scan for new links is going to be your friend on a project this size.

Ptolus details mostly the city itself so you can do a top down approach that covers the world itself and the empire surrounding the city with all the detail provided pretty quickly.

Then its a matter of organizing the city content. I'd break it up into neighborhoods or regions or whatever they call them, IIRC the book includes low level maps of each, and work on one at time.

I'd save the various adventure sites for last. They will require the most attention to detail and likely the most breaking up of material from the way it is presented in the book. Also those maps will generally require a lot of pins and creating pins and tying them to topics can be awfully tedious.

I wouldn't expect to get it done quickly or that you would do it without one or more times where you stop everything to refactor major sections to better suit how you use it.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote