View Single Post
Thorneldrich

Old June 22nd, 2020, 08:24 AM
So basically the Packs are no longer going to be updated since 1e is no longer the current version of the game. Why does this not surprise me? TSR/WotC did the same thing every version.

I realize the Packs were totally user-made & I am not criticizing any who contributed to them. All the work that was put in to them was amazing & deeply appreciated by those of us not gifted with the knowledge or skills to enter/alter coding to add these wonder things to a wonderful program.

Its just the overall disregard by Paizo & LWD for the moneys put out on all the 1e supplements & rule-books by folks who loved the PF 1e system. PF 2e looks & plays like a Pen & Paper video-game adaption, not a RPG (again IMHO, but no one cares about the opinion of an old school grognard anymore, yes?).

HLO is the new cash cow so HL Classic is SOL. This is why I have stopped supporting LWD. I'm just waiting for the announcement that HL Classic will no longer have updates or support as well. HLO is a pure money-revenue design. You now can no longer even claim you own a usage license, now you just "rent per month" access. Guess they aren't concerned with those folks without large monthly incomes. Those of use who have fixed or minimal income sources/jobs aren't worth their time anymore. Neither are those folks who don't have unlimited online access 24/7.

Yeah this is a rant, I realize that now that I have re-read it. Sorry, just bites to be abandoned yet again by companies trying to re-invent the wheel (or in this case a RPG line). Being old (50+) gives me a lot of perspective on this RPG scene, seems the same trends repeat themselves endlessly.
Thorneldrich is offline   #1733 Reply With Quote