View Single Post
MPHopcroft

Send a message via AIM to MPHopcroft Send a message via MSN to MPHopcroft Send a message via Yahoo to MPHopcroft

Old July 31st, 2009, 11:51 PM
With the system being opened to new development by West End Games as a new open system, I'm trying to figure out where to start and what to edit to do a D6 variant template for HL. It would theoretically aid in the accounting involved in a project I'm working on.

The problem is that there are several variants of the D6 template that I would find useful. I don't know how to make even one from scratch at this point, and doing four or five similar templates with minor differences is a bit much.

D6's character creation system is point based, after a fashion. You have Attributes and Skills that are expressed as a die code such as 2D+2 (roll 2d6 and add 2 to the total when using the attribute or skill). You get 18 dice to spread around your attributes and 7 more dice to allocate to specific skills for a beginning character. Essentially, each die consists of three "pips", each equivalent in function to a character point, so it effectively translates to 54 attribute pips and 21 skill pips. You get to divide is among six normal attributes with a minimum of one die (three pips) in each. (There's a seventh attribute for supernormal abilities, but you can only put dice in it if such abilities exist -- and in the game I'm working on they don't).

Where do I begin with that?
MPHopcroft is offline   #1 Reply With Quote